Job Code: EM01-03
The Oncology Pharmacology group is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Ph.D. biologist to join our team. This position requires a minimum of 3-4 years of relevant postdoctoral experience in oncology in either a pharmaceutical or academic research setting. The successful candidate will play an important role in existing oncology pharmacology drug discovery projects and initiate new discovery projects targeting both established and novel molecular pathways in cancer. Strong knowledge of oncogenic signaling pathways, clinical drug resistance mechanisms, and the role of the tumor stroma in disease progression is preferred. Candidates with experience in advanced in vivo models of resistance (patient-derived xenografts and/or genetically engineered mouse models), 3D-assay systems, organotypic slice culture systems, and/or pooled genomic approaches in vivo are desired.
This position requires developing translational medicine plans (e.g., patient stratification & indication selection with companion diagnostics/biomarkers) in collaboration with internal multi -disciplinary teams, academic collaborations, and contract research organizations. A detailed knowledge of cutting-edge molecular, biochemical, and cellular assays to support drug discovery programs and an ability to excel in a goal-oriented, multi-faceted, and fast-paced environment is also required. Prior drug discovery, target identification, and pharmacology experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical setting is preferred.
• A Ph.D. with postdoctoral experience in cancer biology or related field, and an excellent publication record
• 3-5 years industry/relevant experience with hands-on background working in a matrix environment
• Strong conceptual understanding of signal transduction in oncology
• Independent, self-motivated, and innovative
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills; track record of success working collaboratively
Send CV/resume as attachment to the email address listed below, and please include the job code in the subject line.