Postdoctoral Fellow, Mechano-Biology Novartis / GNF
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 20 years of GNF history! For 20 years, the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF) has been doing cutting edge innovative drug discovery for Novartis global research organization, the Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research (NIBR).
GNF is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow with a strong cell biology/biochemistry and molecular biology background to work in the area of mechanobiology in regenerative medicine. Our goal is to understand at the molecular level, the mechanisms allowing cells to sense mechanical forces and use these insights to inform development of approaches that can address unmet medical need
• The successful candidate will join GNF’s scientific community which includes a diverse group of postdoctoral fellows pursuing research across many disciplines using chemistry, structural biology, molecular biology, and functional genomics platforms.
• Postdoctoral scholars at GNF are positioned uniquely to conduct innovative, interdisciplinary research and are expected to publish their results in leading journals
What you will bring to the role:
• Doctoral degree (PhD, MD/PhD, MD) and track record of productivity with peer reviewed publications in biological/biomedical sciences or related field.
• Broad experience in cellular and molecular biology techniques (e.g. cloning, tissue culture, transfection, CRISPR, confocal imaging, etc.) and familiarity with biochemistry techniques (e.g. Immunoblotting, immune-affinity enrichments, enzymatic activity assays, etc.).
• Strong interest/prior experience in exploration of molecular pathways and impact on human disease.
• Candidates must be able to work independently as well as with interdisciplinary teams and possess.
• Demonstrated excellent analytical, communication and organizational skills
• Background in mechanotransduction, regenerative medicine, membrane proteins (e.g. ion channels, G-protein coupled receptors).
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
San Diego, CA
Novartis Inst for Fun Gen inc
Research & Development