Research Scientist / Biochemist, Novartis - GNF
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 20 years of GNF history!
The HTS group at GNF is seeking a talented, highly motivated, creative and collaborative scientist to support the small-molecule drug discovery.
• Develop and execute relevant biochemical and cellular assays to understand inhibitor potency and mechanism of action
• Characterize the protein targets and determine the kinetic parameters
• Optimize/miniaturize the assays to enable HTS (high-throughput screening)
• Execute HTS, provide data analysis and interpretation
• Perform routine compound profiling to support various small molecule drug discovery projects
What you will bring to the role:
• BS/MS degree in enzymology, biochemistry, or related discipline with 2+ years of academic or industry laboratory experience
• A strong background in biochemistry and biochemical assay development (e.g., fluorescence or bioluminescence assays)
• A good understanding of enzyme kinetics
• Excellent technical ability at the bench and an eagerness to learn new things
• Ability to design and conduct experiments under minimal supervision, and to analyze, interpret and communicate data in lab and team meetings
• Experience in cellular assay development and knowledge of signaling pathways.
• Prior experience in small-molecule screening including familiarity with automation.
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
San Diego, CA
Novartis Inst for Fun Gen inc
Research & Development