Machining Technician Associate I - Novartis / GNF
Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend people's lives. Join our 20 years of GNF History - 4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents.
Inventing solutions where none exist! As part of the engineering team, the role of the Machinist is to help produce parts for new technology for drug discovery that will directly impact patient’s lives. GNF is undertaking innovative and challenging research efforts and we need your help to enable amazing science that will discover new medicines for patients. The GNF engineering team is an essential contributor and partner to the science, driving innovation to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. Our scientists increasingly recognize the impact engineering can have on research programs and are eager for you to put your stamp on it.
We are looking for someone who loves creating high quality, precision parts efficiently in a dynamic work environment.
• CNC Milling Machine operator to create and assist in the creation of precision parts from pre-created programs.
- Applies basic concepts and techniques of the profession
• Understands the fundamentals of running CNC mills
• Understands how to safely use general shop tools
- Saws, Grinders, Pneumatic Hand Tools, etc.
• Interpret and use technical drawings
• Identify correct cutting tools for various applications
• Use basic precision measuring equipment to inspect for accuracy
• Professionally perform finish work
- Deburring, tapping, abrading, & washing
• General shop upkeep
What you will bring to the role:
• 0-2 years of machine shop experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• General mechanical background
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Eager to learn
• Exhibits a pursuit of excellence
• Occasionally lift up to 50lb
• 1+ Years setting up 3 axis Haas Mills
• Can identify various raw materials
• Can identify common cutting tools
• Familiarity with technical drawing characteristics
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges surround you.
This position is perfect for machinists who love variety. Our specialty is high variety, low quantity work. We are an in house shop supporting a team of scientists and engineers in creating the world's leading automated laboratory systems. Applicants should be in pursuit of excellence and constantly in search of the best way to do a job. We are seeking those that take pride in a part well made. Our equipment includes 4 Haas Vertical Mills, 1 Okuma Horizontal Mill, 1 Makino EDM, 2 Knee Mills, 2 Manual Lathes, and an extensive assortment of measuring equipment.
We work Monday to Friday from 5 AM to 1:30 PM
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
San Diego, CA
Novartis Inst for Fun Gen inc