Research Scientist II in Protein Mass Spectrometry – Novartis / GNF
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 21 years of GNF history!
The Protein Sciences group at GNF is seeking a highly skilled, motivated, and detailed oriented scientist to support biotherapeutics drug discovery.
• Independently executes protein characterization and proteomics based experiments, analyzes and interprets data and provides conclusions and input for next level experiments
• Configures, operates, and troubleshoots LC/MS and LC/MS/MS instrumentation
• Performs a broad range of protein based sample processing techniques
• Maintains an accurate and detailed notebook, documents experiments and conclusions
What you will bring to the role:
• BS/MS degree in biology sciences, chemistry, analytical chemistry, or related discipline with 2+ years of academic or industry laboratory experience
• Excellent technical ability, attention to detail, and an eagerness to learn new things
• Ability to design and conduct experiments under minimal supervision, and to analyze, interpret and communicate data to colleagues
• Proficiency in characterizing proteins and their PTMs by LC/MS and LC/MS/MS is required
• Experience in the set up and operation of HPLCs (particularly nanoLC) and mass spectrometers for protein and peptide analysis.
• Applied knowledge of MS control and data analysis software (ex. Xcalibur, Analyst, Proteome Discoverer, Skyline, MaxQuant, Sequest, Scaffold, etc)
• Proficiency in standard sample processing techniques for proteomics and general protein analysis (ex. SDS-PAGE, enzymatic digestion, SPE, chemical labeling, immunoprecipitation, phosphorylation enrichment, and fractionation) is essential.
• Proficiency in cell culture and biochemical techniques are highly desired.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
San Diego, CA
Novartis Inst for Fun Gen inc
Research & Development