Sr Production Engineer I - Novartis / GNF
Our mission is to discover new ways to improve and extend people's lives. Join our 20 years of GNF History - 4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents.
Inventing solutions where none exist! As part of the engineering team, the role of the Production Engineer is to drive production of new technology for drug discovery that will directly impact patient’s lives. GNF is undertaking innovative and challenging research efforts and we need your help to enable amazing science which will discover new medicines for patients. The GNF engineering team is an essential contributor and partner to the science, driving innovation to address some of society's most challenging healthcare issues. Our scientists increasingly recognize the impact engineering can have on research programs and are eager for you to put your stamp on it.
We are looking for someone who loves to drive projects to completion. Someone who thrives in making the complex simple.
• Manage build cycle of multiple products to achieve timing and quality goals. Product sizes vary between 200-15000 parts in scope.
• Lead functional testing of devices and systems.
• Lead customer installations. Travel required.
• Lead engineered solutions to error proof production processes and end products.
• Manage and lead change request cycles for production products.
• Assist in the estimation of manufacturing costs, determine standards, and make recommendations on cost reductions and schedule improvements.
• Develop and improve manufacturing processees.
• Develop CE risk assessment documentation with design team.
• Develop user manuals with user group.
• Help with assembly as needed.
• Help with debugging and service.
What you will bring to the role:
• B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• 6+ years working in a Manufacturing environment
• Well rounded engineering foundation
• Must be a team player through and through as all projects are team based
• An agile mind, with the ability to learn quickly, and analytical problem solving ability
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
San Diego, CA
Novartis Inst for Fun Gen inc
Research & Development