Research Scientist II – Analytical Chemistry – Novartis / GNF
Over 20 years! That’s how long the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF) has been innovating drug discovery in San Diego. As part of the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics group, your role supports dozens of small molecule drug projects in creating novel therapies for patients.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Prepare and analyze in vitro ADME assays
• Perform high throughput analyses using LC/MS and LC/MS/MS instruments from multiple vendors
• Maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation
• Review qualitative and quantitative data, create reports, upload to the database
What you will bring to the role:
• A degree in chemistry/biology/life sciences is required (BS or BA). Fluent English (oral and written).
• 2-4 years demonstrated experience using LC/MS, LC/MS/MS and/or SFC/MS instrumentation.
• Knowledge and skills with analytical instrument repair, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Experience with automation, liquid handler methods programming and running ADME assays is helpful.
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
San Diego, CA
Research & Development