Sr Scientist I, Biologics Discovery group BS/MS - Novartis / GNF
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 21 years of GNF history!
The Biologics Discovery group at GNF is seeking a highly motivated scientist with the skills and experience to contribute to advancing biotherapeutic drugs to patients in need. This is a great opportunity to join a group dedicated to protein and antibody drug discovery and optimization, and work with one or more multidisciplinary drug discovery teams in a variety of disease areas.
• Independently conduct protein and antibody characterization experiments such as FACS, ELISA, SPR binding
• Design and generate protein/antibody expression plasmids
• Coordinate or execute expression and purification of antibodies and proteins, using microbial and eukaryotic hosts, and control project materials inventories
• Coordinate submissions for biophysical characterization and interpret analytical results
• Contribute to analysis and synthesis of results, design of new experiments and clear communication of progress to the project team(s)
• Work effectively as a member of cross-functional teams to accomplish shared project goals
• Contemporaneous and accurate documentation of experiments
What you will bring to the role:
• BS/MS degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related discipline with 4+ years of academic or industry laboratory experience
• Excellent technical ability, attention to detail, and an eagerness to learn new things
• Ability to design and conduct experiments under minimal supervision, and to analyze, interpret and communicate data to colleagues
• Proficiency in molecular biology techniques for the generation of plasmid constructs for protein and antibody recombinant expression and use of standard DNA software (eg Lasergene, Snapgene, Vector NTI)
• Experience with standard protein biochemistry techniques such as SDS-PAGE, antibody and protein purification, interpretation of MS and biophysical measurements
• Proficiency in characterizing antibodies based on binding and specificity, and functional activities
• Proficiency in any of the following: cell culture, cell line generation, cell-based assays, protein/antibody labeling
• Experience with expressing and characterizing recombinant enzymes, including optimization of enzymatic assays
• Ability to analyze experiments in related software such as Microsoft Excel, including basic macro programing; FlowJo; Octet
Why consider Novartis?
927 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine!
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
San Diego, CA
Research & Development