Senior Scientist – Cancer Therapeutics – Novartis/GNF
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 21 years of GNF history!
We are seeking a senior bench scientist to join the Cancer Therapeutics Group at the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF). This position provides an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and results-driven individual with interests in cancer biology and therapeutic drug discovery. The associate will play a key role within a multidisciplinary drug discovery team encompassing cell-based biology, medicinal chemistry and in vivo models. The ideal candidate will have experience with cellular and molecular biology techniques in the area of protein-protein interactions, in vitro/in vivo tumor assays and/or characterization of transcription factor complexes.
Ideal applicants will possess excellent communication and organizational skills, critical problem-solving abilities and a commitment to excellence. Preference will be given to candidates with additional experience with one or more of the following methods: protein-protein interaction assays, kinase enzymology, characterization of transcription factor complexes or activity, operation of automated robotics systems, mammalian primary cell culture, stable cell line generation, NGS, data visualization, molecular cloning, viral transduction and western blotting. The candidate should be proficient with software packages including Excel, PowerPoint, graphing software (e.g. Prism, Spotfire, MATLAB etc), plasmid editors (e.g. ApE, SnapGene, Vector NTI) and virtual meeting platforms.
• Independently design and execute in vitro cell-based experiments to prepare samples for protein-protein interaction studies and proteomics experiments.
• Document, analyze and interpret experiments to plan next steps based on analysis of own data and data from other contributors.
• Present results within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Collaborate across project team labs to achieve project goals.
• Train members of lab and broader project team in lab-based techniques as needed.
What you will bring to the role:
• BS or MS in life science discipline with at least 4 years laboratory experience in industry or academia
• Experience with protein-protein interaction techniques (e.g. Co-IP or BioID)
• Understanding of epigenetics and/or transcription factor biology
• Proficiency with scientific graphing and visualization tools
• Familiarity with wet lab assays including cell-based assays, co-immunoprecipitation, immunoblotting, qPCR etc.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Transcription factor biology
• Sample prep for proteomics
• Epigenetic profiling
• Robotics or automated assay systems
• 3D organoid culture
• Exploratory drug discovery
• Data mining
• Functional genomic screening
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
San Diego, CA
Research & Development