Senior Scientist – Cardiovascular Disease – Novartis / GNF
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 21 years of GNF history!
We are seeking a senior bench scientist to join the Cardiovascular Disease Group at the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF). This position provides an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated and results-driven individual with interests in cardiovascular diseases and therapeutic drug discovery. The ideal candidate will have experience with biochemical and cell-culture techniques, as well as with isolation of primary murine/rat cells.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Independently design and execute in vitro biochemical and cell-based experiments
• Document, analyze and interpret experiments to plan next steps based on analysis of own data and data from other contributors.
• Present results within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Collaborate across project team labs to achieve project goals.
• Train members of lab and broader project team in lab-based techniques as needed.
What you will bring to the role:
• BS or MS in life science discipline
• 4+ years laboratory experience in industry or academia
• Familiarity with wet lab assays including biochemical and cell-based assays, immunoblotting, qPCR etc.
• Proficiency with scientific graphing and visualization tools
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
San Diego, CA
Research & Development