Automation Associate I - Novartis / GNF
1000 times! That’s how many times faster our robots perform lab tasks compared to traditional manual methods. As the new Automation Associate at GNF/Novartis, you will be operating these robots to run high throughput screens for drug discovery. Your role is critical in ensuring the screening data generated is of the highest quality. You will be a key contributor to our mission of pushing the boundaries of science in pursuit of new medicines.
• Setup, operation, and maintenance of state-of-the-art high throughput screening (HTS) systems.
• Work closely with engineers and biologists to develop new automation workflows and instruments.
• Adapt bench assays to automated and high throughput screening instruments.
• Effectively interpret data from screening readouts (luminescence, FI, HTRF, etc.), troubleshoot screens on-the-fly, and communicate findings to technical personnel.
• Exhibit a high degree of self-motivation, organizational and time management skills, and an acute attention to detail.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering, or similar engineering discipline.
• Experience with laboratory automation equipment.
• Proficient and in-depth knowledge of VBA, Python, or similar programming language.
• Excellent written, organizational, and oral communication skills.
• A strong aptitude for and interest in computers, programming, and related technology.
• Experience working with laboratory automation/HTS equipment, scientific assays, and mammalian cell culture is highly desirable.
• Experience working with engineers and scientists to develop new automation platforms is a plus.
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
San Diego, CA