Laboratory Automation Application Specialist
257 laboratory instruments! Novartis Oncology is looking for a scientist/engineer who is passionate about optimizing “how” science is done robustly and efficiently. Are you a creative problem-solver who can help our scientists build, troubleshoot and execute a diverse collection of biochemical and cell-based assays utilizing your knowledge of stand-alone and integrated laboratory equipment? If you enjoy being a “go-to” person in a fast-paced environment, working with people and finding innovative solutions to challenging problems, this is the opportunity for you.
Your Responsibilities Will Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Develop application specific protocols for standalone and integrated automation systems.
• Troubleshoot and resolve instrument or assay technical failures.
• Train scientists on hardware, software and best practices of using lab automation.
• Evaluate and implement new scientific, instrument and software technologies to further Oncology activities.
• Independently prioritize multiple ongoing activities ensuring project timelines are achieved.
What You Will Bring To The Role:
• Minimum BS degree in Biology/Biochemistry or related Engineering field.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with lab automation.
• Familiarity with a wide range of laboratory instrumentation including liquid handlers, dispensers, washers, and multimode plate readers.
• Experience with a diverse range of scientific assay formats is a plus.
• Experience with fully integrated automation solutions and software such as Thermo Momentum, GNF Director, HighRes Cellario or similar is a plus.
• Excellent team player: self–motivated with strong communication, collaboration and inter-personal skills.
WHY CONSIDER NOVARTIS?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Research & Development