Senior Scientist Pharmacokinetics - Novartis / NIBR / San Diego
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 20 years of GNF history! For over 21 years, the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF) has been doing cutting-edge innovative drug discovery for Novartis global research organization, the Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research (NIBR).
We have an immediate Senior Scientist (I/II) position opening for a bioanalytical chemist in the Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics group to support GNF’s drug discovery efforts.
• In this laboratory-based role, the main responsibility will be to provide bioanalytical support to drug discovery project teams covering a wide range of therapeutic areas.
• This scientist will be a highly motivated and hands-on bioanalytical chemist conducting quantitative bioanalysis of samples generated from in vivo, ex vivo, and in vitro experiments.
• You will be responsible for completion of your own experimental records and quality control assessment of data produced by other members of the Bioanalytical Group.
• Specific duties will include LC-MS/MS method development and implementation, and performing day-to-day operations required for quantitative bioanalysis of samples.
• Comprehensive troubleshooting experience with a proven ability in optimizing compound ionization, chromatography of challenging analytes, tissue homogenization, and sample preparation methods are required.
• The ideal candidate will also have experience in liquid handling robotics, automated optimization software, and interpretation of PK data.
• Experience with of high resolution mass spectrometry and metabolite identification will also be beneficial.
• All applicants must be adaptable and have excellent communication, organization and time management skills.
What you will bring to the role:
• B.S./M.S. degree in analytical chemistry, chemistry or a related discipline with at least 8 years of experience in small molecules quantitation in an ADME/DMPK environment and working knowledge of liquid chromatography mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
• Track record of developing robust bioanalytical methods for quantitation of small molecules in complex biological matrices (including tissues)
• Extensive experience in the operation of LC-MS/MS instruments (triple quadrupole and ion trap) and associated software systems.
• Proficient in troubleshooting and maintenance of LC-MS/MS systems and experience generating basic pharmacokinetic parameters from LC-MS/MS data
• Experience in the use of automated liquid handling instruments (Tecan, Beckman).
• Prior experience programming automated liquid handlers is a plus
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
San Diego, CA
Research & Development