Senior Scientist I- Cancer Therapeutics
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 22 years of GNF history!
We are actively recruiting exceptional scientists, at a variety of levels, to join the Cancer Therapeutics team at GNF (The Genomics Institute for the Novartis Research Foundation, and a division of NIBR, the Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research). As part of this recruiting drive, we are seeking a highly motivated research scientist with extensive in vitro/cell-based assay development experience to support drug screening and hit validation. The successful candidate will independently develop and implement cell-based and biochemical assays to characterize protein-protein interactions and oncogenic signaling pathways in cancer. The candidate will also perform secondary assays across various technology platforms to investigate mechanism of action and target-drug interaction. The candidate will leverage their technical expertise in biology and biochemistry to support ongoing drug discovery efforts. The candidate is also expected to work in a highly matrixed multidisciplinary team and collaborate with various functional groups across GNF and NIBR.
• Design, optimize and implement biochemical assays to characterize protein-protein interactions and small molecule binding, including HTRF, FP, etc
• Perform cell-based assays to study mechanism of action of therapeutic molecules, including western blotting, immunoprecipitation, ELISA, flow cytometry, qPCR, immunofluorescence, luminescence-based assay, etc
• Molecular cloning and functional genomic studies including gene knockdown and overexpression to investigate drug-target interactions
• Hands-on in vivo development, validation, and assessment of efficacy and pharmacodynamics in preclinical tumor models (e.g., xenograft, syngeneic, and GEMM) is a plus
• Data collection, analysis, documentation and interpretation.
• B.S. degree in biology, biochemistry or related discipline with at least 4 years of relevant research experience. M.S. degree with 2 years of relevant research experience.
• Experience with biochemical and cell based assays used to study protein-protein interactions. Experience with protein expression and purification is a plus
• Experience with cell culture, functional genomic studies, and routine cell-based assays in the context of oncology
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, a team player, enthusiastic about drug discovery, with strong work ethics
• Ability to work independently in a highly interactive and fast-paced drug discovery environment
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
La Jolla, CA
Research & Development