Senior Scientist I (Non Ph.D.) - Cancer Therapeutics / Biologics - GNF
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 22 years of GNF history!
We are actively recruiting exceptional scientists, at a variety of levels, to join the Cancer Therapeutics team at GNF (The Genomics Institute for the Novartis Research Foundation, and a division of NIBR, the Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research).
As part of this recruiting drive, we are seeking an associate/ senior scientist with experience in oncogenic signaling pathways to develop next generation cancer therapeutics, specifically antibody drug conjugates as well as other complex antibody-based therapeutics to cancer-intrinsic targets.
The successful candidate will develop and implement cell-based assays to understand target expression, oncogenic signaling pathways in cancer and antibody drug conjugate function. The candidate will perform secondary assays across various technology platforms to investigate mechanism of action. The Cancer Therapeutics department at GNF focuses on developing novel therapies for cancer patients. The candidate will leverage his or her technical expertise in biology and biochemistry to support ongoing drug discovery efforts. The candidate is also expected to work in a highly matrixed multidisciplinary team and collaborate with various functional groups across GNF and NIBR.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Design and conduct experiments to identify and validate novel targets with the potential to translate into innovative cancer therapies
• Design, optimize and implement in vitro cellular assays to characterize drug candidates
• Work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary project team
• Perform data collection, analysis, documentation, and interpretation
• Present data in small group lab meetings as well as team and department meetings
• B.S./M.S. degree in biology, biochemistry or related discipline with 2-4 years of relevant research experience, ideally in an industry setting
• A deep scientific understanding of cancer signaling pathways and experience in cellular assays used to characterize antibody-based drugs
• Highly skilled in cell culture, and routine cell-based assays such as luminescence-based assays (MSD, HTRF, ELISA), Western Blot/ WES, and especially Flow Cytometry.
• Experience with genomics tools such as CRISPR is a plus
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
San Diego, CA
Research & Development