Principal Scientist, RNA Dynamics
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 20 years of GNF history! For over 21 years, the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF) has been doing cutting-edge innovative drug discovery for Novartis global research organization, the Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research (NIBR).
This opportunity is located at the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF), La Jolla location.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual to both develop and run advanced assays as part of GNF’s drug discovery and development process. The position involves applying human disease-relevant cell culture models and Illumina deep sequencing-based assays in support of internal drug discovery teams working in diverse disease areas. Cell culture experience required, and iPSC work desired. The selected individual will demonstrate ability to work in a team setting as well as be a self-starting and creative experimentalist.
• Validating and/or modifying new assays as they appear in the literature
• Working with scientists from other labs to apply these new assays
• Communicating with other scientists regarding sample preparation and submission
• Presenting data in a full departmental setting
• Preparing samples for deep sequencing
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
• B.S. or B.A. in cell biology, biochemistry, or relevant biological area, and a
• Minimum of 5 years of full-time laboratory experience
• Candidates with proven assay development experience will be given preference.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
San Diego, CA
Research & Development