Principal Scientist Protein Sciences - Novartis / GNF / San Diego
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 21 years of GNF history!
The Biotherapeutics group at GNF is recruiting a Principal Scientist to join a highly collaborative group of protein scientists, antibody engineers, and drug hunters devoted to discovering and advancing novel treatments to impact a wide range of human diseases.
• Apply creativity and scientific expertise to drug discovery projects
• Act as a drug discovery project co-leader, defining the direction of drug discovery endeavors
• In a collaborative setting, execute antibody/protein discovery, screening, and optimization efforts such as humanization, affinity maturation, and specificity modulation to identify world-class drug candidates
• Generate, implement, and prioritize innovative ideas, recognize risks and propose mitigation or contingency plans
• Communicate effectively with diverse project teams and other core groups within NIBR to coordinate structural biology, biophysical characterization, and automation efforts
What you will bring to the role:
• PhD in biochemistry, chemical biology, molecular biology or related discipline with post-doctoral work or equivalent experience
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in an area of science relevant to one or more of the following: hybridoma and/or B cell based antibody discovery; protein engineering; structural biology; screening assay development; biophysical characterization of proteins
• Hands-on experience with molecular biology and protein science
• Ability to design, execute and analyze rigorous experiments, and communicate results effectively
• Comfort in a collaborative, highly dynamic environment
• Experience with antibody therapeutics
• Experience or interest in advanced binding and functional assay development
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges surround you.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine!
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
San Diego, CA
Research & Development