Sr. Scientist Molecular Biology / Assay Dev Novartis San Diego
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 20 years of GNF history! For over 21 years, the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation (GNF) has been doing cutting-edge innovative drug discovery for Novartis global research organization, the Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research (NIBR).
The Molecular Assemblies/Functional Genomics group at the Genomics Institute of Novartis Research Foundation (GNF), a member of the Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research (NIBR), is actively seeking a highly motivated associate with exceptional molecular biology and assay development experience to support new and ongoing technology development and drug discovery programs. This position plays a foundational role at GNF, developing tools, reagents, and enabling technologies to power early drug discovery efforts. The successful candidate will be expected to work directly with multidisciplinary technology and drug discovery teams within GNF and across NIBR.
• Provide molecular biology support for various drug discovery projects, including antibody cloning
• Lead independent research to develop enabling technologies for drug discovery
• Design and create custom molecular biology solutions to assist project teams
• Optimize and implement biochemical and phenotypic assays to characterize protein-protein interactions
• Provide data interpretation, insights, and recommendations to project teams
• Analyze and evaluate new technologies.
• Protein expression, viral-mediated gene transfer, vector design and optimization, and lab automation experience are plusses.
What you will bring to the role:
• A B.S./M.S./Ph.D. degree in biology, biochemistry, or related discipline with 5+ years of experience (prior industrial experience is preferred)
• A strong background and extensive experience in all aspects of molecular biology, including CRISPR-based techniques
• Highly skilled in cell culture and routine cell-based assays such as luminescence and FRET-based assays, Western Blots, and Flow Cytometry
• Experience in assay development and an extensive understanding of various assay methods and principles
• Ability to independently design and conduct experiments, analyze and interpret data, and communicate findings to project teams
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
San Diego, CA
Research & Development