Principal Scientist Protein Sciences Novartis NIBR San Diego
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 21 years of GNF history!
The Biotherapeutics and Protein Science Department at GNF is recruiting a Principal Scientist in Protein Engineering to join a highly collaborative group of protein/antibody engineers, structural biologists, and drug discovery experts. The successful candidate will explore novel technologies and treatment modalities with the goal to impact a wide range of human diseases.
• Apply creativity and scientific expertise to protein engineering projects
• In a collaborative setting, perform antibody/protein engineering through design and evolution/screening approaches
• Contribute to leadership, strategic planning and execution of developing technologies in areas such as genome-editing, biotherapeutics, and novel therapeutic modalities
• Generate, implement, and prioritize innovative ideas, recognize risks and propose mitigation or contingency plans
• Communicate effectively with diverse project teams and other core groups across NIBR to coordinate with structural biology, computational modeling, molecular biology, disease area, and automation efforts
San Diego, CA
Research & Development
What you will bring to the role:
• PhD in biochemistry, chemical biology, molecular biology or related discipline
• Knowledge and experience in protein/antibody engineering via display technologies, in vitro evolution, or similar selection approaches
• Knowledge and experience with genome-editing technologies (CRISPR-Cas9, TALEN, ZFNs, etc.).
• Familiarity with NGS data analysis
• Hands-on experience with molecular biology and protein science
• Ability to design, execute and analyze rigorous experiments, and communicate results effectively
• Comfort in a collaborative, highly dynamic environment
• Experience with discovering, engineering or optimizing genome-editing enzyme systems
• Background in protein modeling, structural bioinformatics, and design
• Familiarity with MOE, Schrodinger, and/or Rosetta
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges surround you.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine!