Principal Scientist Regenerative Medicine Novartis NIBR San Diego
6000! That’s the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
We are seeking an innovative candidate to lead a team investigating tissue regeneration in vitro. The ideal candidate will collaborate with local and global colleagues to devise and pursue transformative therapeutic approaches for regenerative medicine.
Your responsibilities include:
- Leverage cutting-edge technologies and platforms to develop a comprehensive understanding of disease pathophysiology and key regenerative processes
- Foster collaborative interactions with colleagues in fundamental biology, assay development, phenotypic screening, engineering, data science, gene therapy and translational research
San Diego, CA
Research & Development
What you will bring to the role:
- Education: PhD +5 years experience in regenerative medicine or developmental biology
- In-depth knowledge of primary and/or iPS cell culture
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and fast-paced drug discovery environment
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.