BS / MA Sr Scientist Molecular Biology Assays Novartis NIBR San Diego
6000! That’s the number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
We are seeking a strongly motivated and skilled individual to both develop and run advanced molecular biology assays as part of GNF’s drug discovery and development process. The position involves applying Illumina deep sequencing-based assays in support of internal drug discovery teams working in diverse disease areas.
Your responsibilities include:
• Single cell RNAseq sample and library preparation
• Communicating with other scientists regarding sample preparation and submission
• Troubleshooting instrumentation and assays, and performing sample quality control
San Diego, CA
Research & Development
What you will bring to the role:
• Demonstrate ability to work in a team setting, have strong organizational and personal skills, and be willing to rapidly adapt to changing technology and priorities.
• B.S. or B.A. in cell biology, biochemistry, or relevant biological area.
• 3 years minimum of full-time laboratory experience.
• Candidates with cell culture experience will be given preference
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.