Senior Scientist I (Non Ph.D.) - Cancer Therapeutics - NIBR - GNF
4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 22 years of GNF history!
We are actively recruiting exceptional scientists, at a variety of levels, to join the Cancer Therapeutics team at GNF a division of NIBR, the Novartis Institutes of Biomedical Research). As part of this recruiting drive, we are seeking a highly motivated non-PhD-level associate / senior scientist with extensive in vivo experience to support drug screening and hit validation. The successful candidate will have experience running xenograft and syngeneic mouse models as well as tissue and blood collection. Experience with the culturing of mammalian cell lines is also highly desirable. The candidate is also expected to work in a highly matrixed multidisciplinary team and collaborate with various functional groups across GNF and NIBR.
• In vivo development and validation of xenograft, syngeneic and GEMM tumor models
• Perform extensive hands-on in vivo work including animal handling, compound administration, surgical procedures and tissue collection
• In vitro cell culture assay
• Data collection, analysis, documentation and interpretation.
• Work collaboratively within group, department and across multi-disciplinary teams of scientists
San Diego, CA
Research & Development
What you will bring to the role:
• B.S./M.S. degree in biology, biochemistry or related discipline with 2-4 years of relevant research experience, ideally in an industry setting
• Hands-on in vivo experience, including animal restraint, tumor implantation, compound administration via various routes, tissue collection and tissue dissection
• Experience with cell culture
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Highly organized, detail-oriented, a team player, enthusiastic about drug discovery, with strong work ethics
• Ability to work independently in a highly interactive and fast-paced drug discovery environment
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.